TheUtah A&E

Music, movies, and the world of celebrities--debunked.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Christmas with the Kranks

Returning to the Christmas season, last year's holiday movies are now available on video and DVD. While I'd still like to see "The Polar Express," I could have gone without seeing "Christmas with the Kranks."

Last year, I saw many previews for this movie. While the premise sounded fine, I could not get over the cheesy special effects. Each preview showed Luther (Tim Allen) falling off the roof trying to put up Frosty. When offered a chance to view the movie for myself, I gave it a chance.

This movie is based on the book, "Skipping Christmas." Daughter, Blair (Julie Gonzalo), is missing her first Christmas because she joined the Peace Corps. Her parents, Luther and Nora (Jamie Lee Curtis), decide to take a Caribbean cruise instead of partake in the commerciality of Christmas. However, Blair and her fiance decide to come home. Craziness ensues whe Luther and Nora attempt to create a normal Christmas event at the last minute. They are aided by their neighbors and kind strangers to make the most special Christmas ever.

As I said above, the premise of the movie is fine. Of course, everything turns out well in the end, but I really had something against the special effects. It had some very cheesy moments. I suppose kids would enjoy it more than adults.

Also, we didn't need to see Jamie Lee Curtis in a bikini and Tim Allen in a speedo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home