TheUtah A&E

Music, movies, and the world of celebrities--debunked.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Ashton Kutcher's reality

Ashton Kutcher is a genious. I've never watched Punk'd, but the concept is intriguing. I never thought much of Kutcher in TV or movies until his latest production. One of only a few shows I am watching this summer, "Beauty and the Geek" on the WB is proving to be a must-see. Yes, it is a reality show. Even more, it is a social experiment that proves people are so much more than outward appearance. Where did he come up with such a concept?

Most reality shows rely on the stressful relations between players for their excitement. My favorite shows are those that focus more on what the individuals can learn or the sights they get to see. The early seasons of "The Amazing Race" featured both qualities, and the most recent seasons play on associations. Every season, I wish I was racing with them. Even though "The Mole" lasted just two seasons with regular Joes and two seasons with celebreties, I wanted to take part. It centers on deceit of a traitor, but I liked the puzzles that competitors had to solve. Now I add "Beauty and the Geek" to this short list of shows I would love to join.

Other reality shows I've enjoyed watching include "Average Joe" and "Joe Millionaire." If game shows count in the reality genre, also add "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" and "The Weakest Link." I've never watched a full episode of "Survivor," "American Idol," "The Bachelor(ette)," or "Big Brother."

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Utah said...

Actually, yes. That's my exact reason for Beauty and the Geek. And it's because those other ones suck that I don't watch them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home