TheUtah A&E

Music, movies, and the world of celebrities--debunked.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Richard Simmons for Yoplait Yogurt

Two women are walking through the supermarket.
"I mean, I did lose some weight. I get really hungry in the afternoon. And that is when I crave Strawberry Shortcake."

"Mmm...I want some right now."

"No, no, no. Key Lime Pie."

"Boston Cream Pie!"

Richard Simmons appears and exclaims, "Boston Cream Pie?!? Ladies, please don't!" with his hands in the air. Simmons is wearing his typical short shorts and tank top.

One lady reaches for a container of yogurt, but Simmons continues, "No, no. Listen. You need to exercise! You need to know your worth! Farewell to fat! Yes!" He goes into several stretches toward the ceiling.

The women attempt to interrupt him, "Richard...," and show him the yogurt, but he won't listen.

Voiceover: "Yoplait Light. With 28 flavors at only 100 calories, it only sounds fattening."

As the ladies check out with a dozen yogurt container facing the camera on the checkout belt, Simmon waves from the distance and says, "Keep it up, girls. Believe in you. I believe in you."

---------

The last line is the kicker. Say it out loud: "Believe in you. I believe in you." To me, it sounds like Simmons messed up his line, but rather than record another take, they left it in the commercial.

I wonder how much Richard Simmons was paid to make the appearance in advertisement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home